Thursday, April 19, 2012

Morningish Sickness.

So, I think I'm finally starting to experience some bouts of morning sickness.
Except, while it's guaranteed to usually happen in the morning, it continues at random times throughout the day. It's the strangest pattern--I wake up ravenously hungry, but then right after I eat and take my morning vitamins, it just suddenly hits me. Which means, my vitamins are probably making me feel bad. But this is strange, considering I haven't had any of this morning sickness until I literally hit week 8 (yesterday).

My question is, is it truly considered morning sickness if you don't throw up? I gagged twice when I was brushing my teeth, and once when I took my last vitamin...but thankfully, no upchucking. From what I've read, I have 4-6 weeks left of this. It doesn't necessarily hinder me immobile, but it's definitely been an nuisance.

I also think I'm experiencing heartburn. Is that what that burning sensation in my stomach is? Bleck. No bueno. 

I have my first prenatal appointment today. It should last 2+ hours. I get to choose a doctor, go over my medical history, and things like that. It's a lot of pressure, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. I remember that gagging feeling when I took my vitamins - I started taking them at night before I went to bed and that helped a lot. (My doctor said that was OK.) I'm not sure what falls under morning sickness - I definitely think nausea would count, though! I'll be praying that everything goes well at your appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm taking raw vitamins (via recommendation from Dr. Axe's website, haha) so I actually take prenatals 3x a day. Bleck.

    ReplyDelete