Monday, April 16, 2012

I may be as big as a house when this is all over with.

Food.

I find myself fantasizing about it during the day. I can eat what would normally make me full, and I'm still hungry afterward.

I just ate my second plate of spaghetti, so explain to me how I am still experiencing hunger pangs? It just isn't logical.
I really crave meat a lot. And fruit.

I had my first bizarre craving of my pregnancy today. Myself and some coworkers went out to eat for lunch, and I decided I wanted a fried shrimp sandwich with mayonnaise and lettuce on it. Granted, I used to eat this when I lived in Mississippi (they're called Poboys there) but they didn't give me what I asked for. Instead, I just got the shrimp and one piece of bread. So what did I do? I fit whatever shrimp I could on that piece of bread, and topped it with mayonnaise. Then, when I ran out of bread, I dipped my shrimp in mayonnaise and ate it up.

While I was eating this, I kept thinking "This is really disgusting," but I couldn't help how good it tasted.

I haven't really craved fried food so far, so today was definitely interesting :p

I haven't experienced any morning/afternoon sickness unless my stomach doesn't have something in it. This makes it really hard for me to not gain more weight than recommended. I'm constantly having to snack throughout the day. I've tried just drinking a lot of water, and that staves my hunger for about, oh, 20 minutes.

I don't understand how something so tiny can make me eat so much! -laugh-


4 comments:

  1. Okay, I have to admit - that shrimp and mayonnaise stuff sounds gross. Hehe. But hey, whatever works! For me, it was Sprite and McDonald's chicken nuggets. I had probably two weeks where I couldn't eat anything besides chicken nuggets - and they had to be McDonald's nuggets specifically, not even Chick-fil-A (even though I normally loved Chick-fil-A). Looking forward to more updates on your journey. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if she is a girl like we all want you can name her Layla :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mohammad Ali's daughter...a fighter!

    ReplyDelete