Wednesday, May 16, 2012

12 Weeks!

                                                             11 weeks, 5 days :)

Baby's size? The size of a lime, about 2 inches.

Weight Gain? No gain since last survey.

Sleep?  It comes and goes, though I usually have to wear myself out to get a full night's rest. I'm still waking up at around 5:30 every morning, and my upstairs neighbors love their bass-filled music beginning around 6:00, so I haven't been a very happy girl in the morning!

Foods I am loving? I don't really know. I've been craving Hibatchi this whole week though! I'm also obsessed with lemon water, only I literally put a whole lemon in my cup of water. So. Good.

Foods I am hating?  Granola bars, pasta, and I don't hate it, but chocolate seems to hate me.

Best moment this week?  Today! Hitting the 12 week mark is incredibly comforting. I know I technically have a week until I'm out of the first trimester, but just knowing I'm considered 12 weeks makes me feel amazing!

Symptoms? The symptoms have tapered off this week, which actually had me worried. I've heard it's normal, but I like having a reminder that everything is okay. I'm still pretty tired though.Oh, and my skin still looks like a teenager's. I don't think that's going away anytime soon.I also learned this week that I'm one of those pregnant women that truly cannot lift things that are heavy. I was told this at the doctor's office, but I thought a quick trip to the car carrying the dog's kennel would be fine. However, it caused me to start bleeding and I had to lay down for a while to get it to stop. I sort of feel useless, haha.

What I miss?  Not having to worry every day if I'll bleed again. It's not a constant worry, but every time there's a pull in my uterus, I wonder if that'll follow.

Lately:
I've bought a few maternity clothes. I tried to hold out, reading that some women don't wear them until around 15-20 weeks...but yeah, it wasn't happening. Also, it seems like my belly has grown a lot within the past couple of weeks. I tried on a maternity top, and I could clearly see my outlined bump. So cute!

What I'm looking forward to?
Vacation next weekend! Chattanooga and camping and a cabin and fun times!

Emotions: They've reduced some, but I will definitely tear up at relevant things, especially related to pregnancy and motherhood. My friend wrote a blog post about being a mother on Mother's Day, and yeah...sobbed without shame ;)

4 comments:

  1. :) Guess me AND the kids will "see" you both next month~LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! i love reading your pregnancy updates! i'm so glad that the littleone is safe and snug! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading this friend! Miss you so much.. Wonderful to hear u and baby are doing well

    ReplyDelete